Having a healthy mouth and a perfect smile is one of the things that many wanted to achieve. A healthy and perfect smile boosts your confidence. However, certain factors would hinder you in achieving a healthy and perfect smile. One factor that impedes the possibility of achieving it is by having uneven gum. Are you tired of having a gummy smile? Why don’t you try undergoing gum recontouring, we at Dream Dental offer gum recontouring.
What causes the gums to become uneven?
A gum that covers a large portion of the teeth is usually caused by genetics, a result of certain health conditions, or prescribed drugs. On the other hand, gums that are too high that exposes the roots of the tooth is caused by periodontal disease. A condition where gums recede that lead to tooth decay or tooth loss.
Is gum contouring necessary?
Gum recontouring is considered a cosmetic procedure. Most people undergo this procedure to reshape their gums and improve the appearance of their teeth. With gum recontouring, the patient will see an immediate and amazing difference with the tooth’s appearance.
What to expect from gum recontouring?
Gum recontouring is a procedure done to remove excess gum tissue that covers the teeth. This gum recontouring procedure uses a diode laser to reshape and sculpt excess or uneven tissues. The diode laser will help seal the gum tissue allowing the patient to heal faster and more comfortably. The gum recontouring procedure is not as painful as one may think. An anesthetic will be provided to the patient for a comfortable and pain-free procedure.
What are the advantages of gum recontouring?
- The laser used during the procedure is very precise, making it very efficient in effectively removing the excess gum tissue.
- The teeth or gums won’t be damaged, and no burning will happen during the procedure.
- The laser will seal the gum tissues that will help prevent bleeding and infections.
- The procedure is fast and pain-free.
- Little to no discomfort will be felt during and after the procedure is done.
- Gum recontouring procedure does not require suture.
- No more gummy smile, thus providing you an amazing and youthful smile.
You deserve outstanding dental care services. We provide Gum Recontouring in Goodlettsville, TN. Book your appointment with us at Dream Dental, and let us help you achieve beautiful and healthy teeth!